Items Accepted/ Not Accepted
- Almost anything kid related that is new or used in good to excellent condition (any defects or flaws should be noted in description)!
- Clothing & Shoes size newborn to youth 18 and shoes up to youth size 3
- Baby Gear: furniture, equipment, jumpers, high chairs, bedding, strollers, pack-n-plays, etc.
- Sports equipment: bikes, sleds, swings, roller blades, cleats up to youth 7, etc. (seasonally appropriate)
- Large Items: Power Wheels, ride on toys, playhouses, kitchens, train tables, climbers, etc.
- Toys and books of all sorts for infants and toddlers through teens
- Puzzles, books, games, video games, DVDs, gaming systems
- Children's furniture
- Costumes and accessories
- Maternity clothing & items: maternity, postpartum, nursing and babywearing clothing.
- Unopened and unused postpartum supplies
There is no limit to the number of items you can consign!
It is the consignors’ responsibility to ensure that all items they are listing are not under recall.
All items that a child sits in, is carried in, or sleeps in will be inspected at our Safety & Recalls Station. Any cribs, cradles, bassinets, playpens, strollers and carriages must have a Kids Fair Safety Checklist attached at dropoff.
Find Canadian Recalled Merchandise here - CLICK HERE!
Items that are not accepted for sale:
- 4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing (models 4M-005, 1026, and 1037) and RockaRoo Baby Rocker (model 4M-012) without the manufacturer fix (they can be sold if the manufacturer fix has been applied)
- Bath Rings
- Baby Walkers
- Infant Self-Feeding Devices
- Drop-side cribs or cribs with floating mattress support systems
- Cribs, bassinets, strollers, carriages, and playpens older than ten years, and/or cribs without warranties and instructions attached (see below for further details)
- Used car seats or used booster seats
- Used bike or sport helmets
- Electric Breast Pumps (due to Health Canada regulations recognizing breast pumps as medical devices, we cannot sell them)
- Used soothers, used teethers or used breast pump parts
- Handmade clothing, toys and jewelry
- Plastic baby bottles, or kids water bottles unless clearly labelled BPA free, used bottle nipples are not accepted (bottle nipples that are brand new and in packaging can be accepted)
- No used personal items including, but not limited to used facemasks, used underwear, used mouthguards (underwear and kids facemasks that are brand new in packaging can be accepted)
- No open lotions, shampoos, conditioners, bubble bath etc. If they are brand new and have never been used, you can sell them.
- Any clothing items that contain excessive amounts of pet hair, dirt, stains or smells of any odor due to not being cleaned, all items should be freshly laundered
- Any clothing items with tears, stains or are dirty, no broken zippers, missing buttons, missing snaps
- Any dirty toys (should be cleaned prior to selling), all toys should have working batteries (if required), ensure the toys are in working condition and do not have leaking batteries
- Used diaper pails with any odor
Kids Fair Ltd. will continue to update the recalls section on our website and ensure our links remain up to date. We will monitor as items come in to ensure nothing is on recall, however the ultimate responsibility is up to the consignor to ensure the items they are listing are not banned in Canada, nor recalled, nor on the Kids Fair Ltd. “Do Not Accept” List. If an item the buyer purchases becomes recalled, it is up to that buyer to contact the manufacturer regarding steps to take.
Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets
It is illegal to sell cribs that do not meet the current regulatory requirements. Health Canada does not recommend using cribs older than 10 years as they are more likely to have broken, worn, loose or missing parts, and be missing warnings or instructions. Cribs, cradles and bassinets must come with information that identifies the manufacturer or importer, model name or number, date of manufacture, and assembly instructions. They must be in good condition, with no missing parts. It is also important that the mattress used fits snugly with a gap of no more than 3 cm (1 3/16 in) between the mattress and the crib, cradle or bassinet. The spacing between the bars should be no more than 6 cm (2 3/8 in). Cribs, cradles or bassinets with visible signs of damage, missing parts, or missing information should be destroyed. The side height of cradles and bassinets should be at least 23 cm (9 in). Cribs must have a side height of at least 66 cm (26 in) when the mattress support is in the lowest position. Crib corner posts must be no more than 3 mm (1/8 in) high. The mattress support must be firmly fixed to the end panels. Cribs that have a floating mattress support system with S or Z-shaped hooks are not safe and must not be sold.
Do not sell playpens that have protruding bolts or torn vinyl or mesh. Playpen mesh must be small mesh, such as mosquito-type netting. Playpens must not have more than two wheels or casters or the ability to attach additional wheels. When selling a folding playpen, ensure that all locking mechanisms work and set-up instructions are included. Playpens must be accompanied by information that identifies the manufacturer or importer, model name or number, and the date of manufacture.
Strollers and carriages
Strollers must come with a lap belt and crotch strap that is solidly attached to the seat or frame. Ensure that the brakes, as well as the locking mechanisms on folding models, are in working order. Make sure that the wheels are securely attached. Strollers must be accompanied by information that identifies the manufacturer or importer, model name or number, and the date of manufacture.